Tuesday, December 22, 2015

To my dearest family, loyal neighbor, wonderful friends,  Shalom, Hello, Hi, and AAALLLOOO !
Long time has past since last I wrote. Must admit, the Muse did not shine her face upon me. 
I am in Israel, and of course,enjoy every minute. I arrived in the middle of November, and within a few days went to stay at the Dead Sea. I can not consider my stay at the wonderful hotel as a pleasure trip, I was there for Medicinal purpose. I needed the Sun, to heal my Psoriasis. Out of the 8 days, only 5 were suitable for sun exposure. One day was a rain day - very unusual in the area, and the other days, the sky was covered by heavy clouds. Because the Dead Sea is located, 400 meter ( 1400Ft) below sea level, the sun rays that reaches the area are pure UV rays, which are the healing rays for Psoriasis. For 5 sunny days, I exposed my self for about 5 hours, daily. Was told the best time to be there are the month of May, September, October. 
Happy to tell you, I am not fully cured, but what a noted improvement. To my dismay, the Dead Sea water are not recommanded for people with tendency for high Blood Pressure. Dipping in the very salty water it is like being "pickled" in salt. 

I took a day off today. Stayed home, did my laundry, took advantage of the mild sunny weather, and hang the laundry on the lines. What a fresh smell to my clothes. Tomorrow, towels.......

I return to my place of volunteering. "ALEH".  Genuinely  welcomed. The staff was happy to see me as I was happy to see them. Met new staff, especially other volunteers. 
I was impressed by a young lady, in her midst of a Master Program in Brain research  Science, at Bar-ILan University. She devotes her daily visit to one child born with a brain malady. ( I am not sure if it is CP.) Not verbally communicating and unable to use her limbs. Because, not being there since last February, I was amazed at the progress the child did. Able to stand and walk a few steps with help. She holds wedges of apple and able to eat and swallow. Look like normal to us, but it is big steps for Z. ( I am unable to identify her by name.)
Last week, the Thursday visit, the plan was a cooking show, for me to conduct. However, unexpected, the main teacher had a PTA meeting and was unable to come. But, the other teachers, care givers, volunteers, we all improvised a show. Out side the rain was fearless, thunders and lightnings. A video was placed on the large screen about rain. Any one, who did have an umbrella, opened it danced to the music. ( I should taken a picture.)
I love this place.

Politics in Israel, the usual. We might have a general Union strike, tomorrow
The Knife Intifadda, the cars slamming into bus station, continue. What a sturdy, nation we are having here. I am sure, here in Israel, we are aware and more knowledgeable About the atrocities the extremist Islam are committing.  Please, take into account over 1 BILLION Muslims, the so call "minority" radicals are MILLIONS folds. The majority is irrelevant in view of the ISIS, DA'ASH, ISEL, minority causing havoc in the world.

To all my friends, celebrating the Christmas Holiday, I wish you Holiday Greetings from Israel. And to all, Happy New Year.

I miss you all, Much love, Ima, Savta, The Shvig, Estherika, Ludmilla, Me, eem. Esther.     

No comments:

Post a Comment