Tuesday, December 9, 2014

To my dearest Mishpacha, friends & neighbors, Shalom. 
Yes I am here again. The neighborhood welcome, as usual, is heartwarming for me. From the people in my local supermarket, to the Glaser with the two cats, Vered my Optometrist, the place I buy weekly flower, Raya from the beauty shop, the watch repairman, and yesterday, to top it all my Manicure place. There is lots of warm hospitality and friendship amongst the Israelis.  All this is my honest true, until I listen to the Radio. ( I do not have a TV here). Listening, it is like being in a 2nd Israel. Another place, I call it the people's zoo.   
As you all know, the coalition government were disperse as of yesterday, and new election were called for the 17th of Mach, 2015. (I will miss the voting.)  The Israeli of the home, street, work, 
is completely different from the one in the radio. Not taking any political view, I found the media very bias, using inappropriate language addressing issues, and political opinion, that is known   as "Daberet".  Not a real word you find in the Hebrew dictionary. Comes from the Hebrew word Dibur,  in translation Talk. I will translate the word as Talkitis. 
No doubt, there is a lot of anger on the Israeli street, were the government made many cuts of services, is now, going to spent about 2 Billion Shekels ( about $ 500 million) on election. 
There is something very difficult about us as a people, especially the one in power.
For me, to form an opinion, I read about 3 different newspapers, and listen to 3 radio stations.
The 3rd on is my classical music......when I say; enough is enough ! !
 However, the people of Israel never ceased to amaze me. On my morning short walk I do, I meet an senior citizen, as we are called here, pushing a stroller with a very cute baby. After a few mornings of passing each other, we started to greet each other with the traditional "Boker-Tov" (good morning). Within a few days we became friends, his name is Shlomo.
Shlomo Is a great grandfather to the little boy name Ori. While his granddaughter goes to work
in the morning, he picks up Ori and baby sit him until 1:00pm.  Shlomo told me, Ori gave him a new lease of life. He has to get up early, forgetting all his aches & pain, walks to his granddaughter home, to start his day with Ori. Feeding, changing diapers, walking in the fresh air, etc.  
Then I remember, my dear friend Ya'ara, who, on a permanent arrangement babysit a great grandchild 2 times a week while her granddaughter goes to school. 
I understand, it is not unusual in Israel, when often, grandmothers still work and the great grandmothers become the sitters. 
I wish to remind you all that my dear grandson Jacob set up my Blog and all my writings since 2009 can be found there.   
http://shalomfromramatgan.blogspot.com  or simple I think you may open just by clicking
shalomfromramatgan. 
 Only in Israel.
All my love, miss you all , Ima, Savta, the Shvig, Estherika, Ludmilla, me , Esther.   

No comments:

Post a Comment